Manager- Consulting - Financial Services Regulatory Practice
- Consulting - Risk & Regulation
- FS Risk & Regulation
PwC’s Financial Services Risk and Regulation (FSRR) Practice is a market leading advisory and assurance practice. Our team of over 50 partners and 800 professional staff is passionate about helping our clients manage risk and regulation in a commercial and strategic way.
Our success means we are growing fast. We work closely with client staff at all levels at global organisations. We bring our insight, experience and thought leadership to large, complex projects in our core FSRR focus areas:
- Risk analytics;
- Prudential regulation and reporting
- Conduct and culture (including financial crime, market abuse)
- Operational resilience; an
- Redress and remediation.
Conduct and Culture
PwC is looking for experienced professionals to join our team at this exciting time as we continue to grow our business. Our work is high profile, challenging, creative, rewarding. You can expect fantastic opportunities to develop you career in a supportive and creative environment as we grow our business.
We undertake a variety of work for our clients and you can expect to get involved in some of the following types of projects:
- Helping our clients to articulate the framework within which they manage conduct and financial crime risks, identifying and assessing that risk, assisting their development of measurement methodologies including risk appetite, and supporting Board level decision making to deliver their desired customer outcomes;
- Helping our clients to design compliance function and corresponding business target operating models and supporting our clients to implement the necessary process to deliver effective control both at UK and Global levels;
- Designing effective governance and reporting processes to understand and manage conduct and financial crime;
- Guiding the response to regulatory processes and interventions, supporting our clients’ efforts to rebuild trust with UK and overseas regulators; and
- Interpreting new regulation, assisting our clients to understand the impacts on their business strategy, culture and operating model, and managing multi-workstream change management programmes.
This role will appeal to someone who is interested in being at the forefront of how the largest and most complex financial services institutions operate. We are looking for financial services professionals who bring insight and experience to our clients.
You will be encouraged to continuously develop your career and grow within the team. You will receive quality training that covers both technical and ‘soft’ skills and will work in an environment where you will be encouraged to be dynamic and imaginative with the emphasis always on serving clients' needs.
The role will be based in London; however as a result of the wide variety of clients and projects, you may be required to work in all parts of the UK and continental Europe, sometimes at short notice and sometimes over lengthy periods of time.
Our Managers draw experience from a broad range of backgrounds and relevant experience for this role could include:
- Demonstrating deep understanding in your specialist field of the issues facing our clients and the successful solutions they might deploy;
- Experience in the financial services sector, within capital markets, investment banking, retail & commercial banking, asset management, or insurance;
- Excellent communication skills, specifically in negotiating with and influencing others;
- Experience in working in a team environment; respecting and valuing all people and encouraging different perspectives;
- Experience in building internal and external relationships and networks;
- The ability to stay abreast of regulatory developments driving the industry and key issues affecting regulated firms so as to anticipate and understand the impact of such developments on clients;
- The confidence and skill to interpret and discuss governance and regulatory principles with senior stakeholders;
- The ability to identify and address risk management issues;
- The ability to plan and deliver work against tight deadlines;
- The ability to manage budgeting, resourcing, billing and compliance considerations;
- The ability to bring knowledge and experience of business processes and regulatory expectations to our clients in a way that delivers value to them;
- Experience with helping manage large, complex projects as part of a team
- Degree educated or equivalent;
- Previous consulting experience is desirable
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’.
The PwC Professional focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships. We use this framework to recruit, develop and assess our people, at all grades and all areas of our business, because we expect all of our people to be leaders.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business. www.pwc.com/uk/diversity
As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.