Senior Manager - Redress & Remediation, Consulting - London
- Consulting - Risk & Regulation
- FS Risk & Regulation
With the increasing regulatory emphasis on treating customers fairly, and achieving good customer outcomes, we help our clients ensure they are compliant with internal and regulatory requirements. Evolving regulatory requirements and expectation means existing remediation and redress programmes often require review or recalibration.
We work across the full lifecycle of redress and remediation programmes, from advising on policy, process and programme design to providing resource and technology to support the execution of existing and new programmes (including fully outsourced options), and providing quality assurance and monitoring support.
Working with our multi-disciplinary team, consisting of experienced legal, compliance and regulatory risk specialists, including ex-regulators, who not only know the rules, but have also implemented and assessed compliance against them, you will be helping PwC and its clients with the work such as:
- Understanding and responding to proposed regulations and industry developments
- Advice and assistance with regulatory relations and in meeting regulatory standards and expectations
- Assessment of current and future risk profile and impact of new regulations on past and future activities
- Helping design, operationalise and manage redress and remediation programmes
- Providing high quality technical support and quality assurance over client redress and remediation engagements
- Assistance and support in dealing with regulatory enforcement actions and remediation exercises - getting businesses back on an even keel quickly
At Senior Consultant / Senior Manager grade, the role consists of leading teams to deliver projects for the client. Successful candidates will also be able to demonstrate that they can manage multiple tasks and projects. They would also need to have the capacity to take on greater responsibilities as they develop within the firm. They should be of an inquisitive mindset and interested in constantly updating and developing their professional and technical skills. They will encourage and help other team members to do the same.
You will be encouraged to continuously develop your career and grow within the team. By choosing PwC you will have a rewarding, challenging, stimulating career with an impressive list of clients. You will receive quality training that covers both technical and ‘soft’ skills and will work in an environment where you will be encouraged to be dynamic and imaginative with the emphasis always on serving clients' needs.
The role will be based in London; however as a result of the wide variety of clients and projects, you may be required to work in all parts of the UK and continental Europe, sometimes at short notice and sometimes over lengthy periods of time.
This role will allow you to:
- Experience working within a major Financial Services firm
- Be involved in the reshaping of the Financial Services sector
- Support large and complex projects across financial Services
- Develop your regulatory expertise
- Drive your development in a supportive team environment
- Have exposure to client and firm senior management
- Work with and learn from team members with a wide variety of skills and experience.
The following skills and experience are required for this role:
Essential skills and experience:
- Degree educated or equivalent/relevant professional qualifications
- Experience within the financial services industry within capital markets, investment banking, retail & commercial banking, asset management, or insurance
- Excellent communication skills, specifically in negotiating with and influencing others
- Experience in leading teams; respecting and valuing all people and encouraging different perspectives
- Experience in building internal and external relationships and networks
- The ability to stay abreast of regulatory developments driving the industry and key issues affecting regulated firms so as to anticipate and understand the impact of such developments on clients
- The confidence and skill to interpret and discuss governance and regulatory principles with senior stakeholders
- The ability to manage budgeting, resourcing, billing and compliance considerations
- The ability to mentor other members of the team and support their development
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience within a Consulting, Accounting or External Regulatory environment
- Experience with helping manage large, complex projects as part of a team.
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’.
The PwC Professional focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships. We use this framework to recruit, develop and assess our people, at all grades and all areas of our business, because we expect all of our people to be leaders.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business.
As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.