Manager - Conduct & culture
- Regulatory & Compliance
- FS Risk & Regulation
We are a market leading financial services regulatory team with a successful track record in providing regulatory consultancy advice to clients across a broad spectrum of sectors. We have significant growth plans and are looking for an ambitious and dedicated professional advisor to help us achieve growth in these markets.
About the role
As part of PwC's Financial Services Risk and Regulatory Practice, we work closely with colleagues in other disciplines delivering solutions. We are seeking to supplement the existing regulatory advice team with new talent at Manager level to operate across any of the following markets:
- General Insurance
- Mortgage Broking
- Life Insurance
- Consumer Credit
- Asset Management
With the help of this new talent, our aim is to continue to build a team that is known in the market as the premier, world-class Regulatory consulting team, interacting with the major players in the UK markets and playing a key role in taking PwC’s regulatory offerings to clients.
The team consists of experts in a number of fields including conduct of business, conduct risk, complaints handling, compliance and governance. We are a mixture of compliance professionals, ex-regulators and ex-auditors and we are looking to add to our already impressive talent pool.
- Leading projects & running work streams on medium and larger engagements - working as part of a project team on client sites and day-to-day liaison with clients
- Taking responsibility for the conduct of reviews and preparation of reports; making oral presentations of findings/recommendations to client management team(s)
- Leading technical input by becoming the 'subject matter expert' to a number of projects relating to regulatory and compliance services for clients
- Identifying and documenting key systems and controls for demonstrating compliance with applicable FCA regulations
- Developing opportunities and winning new business, through marketing and sales activities and continuous client relationship programmes with senior client staff
- Networking with clients, prospective clients and internally across PwC
- People development, mentoring and coaching, including management of client facing teams
- Technical research, responding to consultation papers from relevant regulatory bodies, providing input to the debate on development and application of policy, participating in PwC’s Thought Leadership
- Taking responsibility for developing a broader capability with additional talent, as the business allows.
- Experience in providing regulatory consulting advice to both established companies and new entrants
- The ability to make new contacts, listen to their needs and interpret this to provide new opportunities to assist them
- Drive and determination to win new work, build our reputation and expand our service offerings to our clients
- Technically proficient in some areas of the FCA regime and requirements including (but not necessarily expected to be an expert on all of the following): approved persons, training & competence, prudential requirements, supervisory process, principles-based regulation, s.166 and enhanced supervision.
- General understanding of compliance and governance structures and operations, and industry best practice in compliance
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, both written and oral.
- You are likely to have proven compliance experience in any of the following areas – General Insurance, Mortgage Broking, Life Insurance or Consumer Credit.
- Demonstrated experience with the FCA and/or with another regulatory consulting practice would be ideal.
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’.
The PwC Professional focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships. We use this framework to recruit, develop and assess our people, at all grades and all areas of our business, because we expect all of our people to be leaders.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business. www.pwc.com/uk/diversity
As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.