Assurance Director - Conduct & culture
- Regulatory & Compliance
- FS Risk & Regulation
Understanding the Regulatory landscape. Influencing change. Helping our clients navigate through each new complexity. This is how we bring value to our clients every day. The world of Risk and Regulation is changing, join us on the journey and be part of creating a new and relevant Financial Services industry.
We are strengthening our Financial Services risk & regulation practice as our clients continue to face significant shifts in the regulatory environment. These include:
the creation of the FCA & PRA;
the European regulatory agenda;
the FCA’s focus retail and wholesale conduct risk, culture and the need for firms to put the delivery of good customer outcomes at the heart of their strategy;
the FCA’s more proactive and forward looking supervisory approach; the global focus on AML/KYC; and
the continuing trend toward large scale remediation and redress programmes.
In order to build a resilient position from which to return value to stakeholders, organisations must adjust their strategies and operating models to make them more customer centric; and must embed a complimentary culture.
Our expertise is brought together in our Financial Services Risk and Regulation team made up of over 50 partners and 800 professional staff covering the following areas of expertise:
Risk analytics and Prudential reporting;
Conduct, culture and the customer
Operational resilience; and
- Redress and remediation.
We help our clients understand and implement the changes required by conduct-related regulation, making sure they have the means to deliver fair outcomes for their customers. Working across the regulatory lifecycle from product design through to sale and beyond, as well as performing risk assessments and reviewing existing policies, we help deliver tailored solutions to enable our clients to meet and exceed regulatory requirements.
Our team also has extensive experience in culture reviews and improvement programmes and reward and remuneration. We have the skills and expertise to offer a comprehensive offering on everything relating to conduct, culture and the customer.
As a Director you would be responsible for the following:
- Identifying and developing opportunities and winning new business, through marketing and sales activities and continuous client contact programmes with senior and executive level client staff
- Networking with clients, prospective clients and internally across PwC, developing ongoing relationships and leveraging these where possible into project opportunities
- Acting as the engagement leader for projects – leading project teams on client sites and being responsible for senior level client liaison
- Taking responsibility for the overall quality of reports; making oral presentations of findings/recommendations to client Board and management team(s)
- Being a 'subject matter expert' relating to regulatory services for clients
- People development, mentoring and coaching, including management of client facing team
- Technical research, responding to consultation papers from relevant regulatory bodies, providing input to the debate on development and application of policy, participating in PwC’s Thought Leadership
- Taking responsibility for developing a broader capability with additional talent, as business allows.
Your experience should include:
- Experience in providing technical regulatory advice to financial institutions
- Sector knowledge from either banking, insurance or asset management
- A wide network of senior client relationships
- A proven track record in winning new engagements/clients and identifying new opportunities with existing clients.
- The ability to make new contacts, listen to their needs and interpret this to provide new opportunities to assist them
- Drive and determination to win new work, build our reputation and expand our service offerings to our clients
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’.
The PwC Professional focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships. We use this framework to recruit, develop and assess our people, at all grades and all areas of our business, because we expect all of our people to be leaders.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business. www.pwc.com/uk/diversity
As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.