Manager - Banking and Capital Markets - Conduct and Culture
- Regulatory & Compliance
- FS Risk & Regulation
Understanding the Regulatory landscape. Influencing change. Helping our clients navigate through each new complexity. This is how we bring value to our clients every day. The world of Risk and Regulation is changing, join us on the journey and be part of creating a new and relevant Financial Services industry.
We are strengthening our Financial Services risk & regulation practice as our clients across Banking & Capital Markets, Insurance and Asset Management continue to face significant shifts in the regulatory environment. These include:
- the creation of the FCA & PRA;
- the European regulatory agenda;
- the FCA’s focus retail and wholesale conduct risk, culture and the need for firms to put the delivery of good customer outcomes at the heart of their strategy;
- the FCA’s more proactive and forward looking supervisory approach;
- the global focus on AML/KYC; and the continuing trend toward large scale remediation and redress programmes.
In order to build a resilient position from which to return value to stakeholders, organisations must adjust their strategies and operating models to make them more customer-centric; and must embed a complimentary culture.
Our expertise is brought together in our Financial Services Risk and Regulation team made up of over 50 partners and 800 professional staff covering the following areas of expertise:
- Risk analytics and Prudential reporting
- Conduct, culture and the customer
- Operational resilience; and
- Redress and remediation.
With our increased focus and investment towards this unconstrained opportunity, we are recruiting a number of positions from Senior Associate through to Director across multiple industry sectors, including Banking and Capital Markets, Life Insurance, General Insurance and Broking, and Asset Management.
We help our clients understand and implement the changes required by conduct-related regulation, making sure they have the means to deliver fair outcomes for their customers. Working across the regulatory lifecycle from strategy, governance, product design through to sale and beyond, as well as performing risk assessments, assessing the role of compliance and reviewing existing policies, we help deliver tailored solutions to enable our clients to meet and exceed regulatory requirements.
Our team also has extensive experience in culture reviews and improvement programmes and reward and remuneration. We have the skills and expertise to offer a comprehensive offering on everything relating to conduct, culture and the customer.
Working with our multi-disciplinary team consisting of experienced legal, compliance and regulatory risk specialists, you will be helping PwC and its clients with work such as:
- Leading projects & running work streams on medium and larger engagements - working as part of a project team on client sites and day-to-day liaison with clients
- Understanding and responding to proposed regulations and industry developments, acting as the 'subject matter expert' to a number of projects relating to regulatory and compliance services for clients
- Assessment of current and future risk profiles and impact of new regulations
- Providing high quality technical support and quality assurance over client asset engagements
- Developing and delivering regulatory training solutions to financial services sector clients
- Assistance and support in dealing with regulatory enforcement actions and remediation
- People development, mentoring and coaching, including management of client facing teams, while taking responsibility for developing a broader capability with additional talent, as the business allows
- Proven understanding of one or more of compliance, governance structures and operations gained in a regulatory, consulting, financial services industry, legal and/or auditing environment
- Strong analytical, communication and organisational skills, both written and oral
- A focus on developing and building strong relationships with the client and with PwC teams, including strong communication skills
- The ability to make new contacts, listen to their needs and interpret this to provide new opportunities to assist them
- Drive and determination to win new work, build our reputation and expand our service offerings to our clients A working understanding of FCA principles and rules
ll our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’.
The PwC Professional focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships. We use this framework to recruit, develop and assess our people, at all grades and all areas of our business, because we expect all of our people to be leaders.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business. www.pwc.com/uk/diversity
As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.