Senior Associate - Banking & Capital Markets - Conduct & Culture
- Regulatory & Compliance
- FS Risk & Regulation
We are strengthening our Financial Services risk & regulation practice as our clients across Banking & Capital Markets, Insurance and Asset Management continue to face significant shifts in the regulatory environment. These include:
- the creation of the FCA the European regulatory agenda;
- the FCA’s focus retail and wholesale conduct risk, culture and the need for firms to put the delivery of good customer outcomes at the heart of their strategy;
- the FCA’s more proactive and forward looking supervisory approach;
- the global focus on AML/KYC; and
- the continuing trend toward large scale remediation and redress programmes.
In order to build a resilient position from which to return value to stakeholders, organisations must adjust their strategies and operating models to make them more customer-centric; and must embed a complimentary culture.
Our expertise is brought together in our Financial Services Risk and Regulation team made up of over 50 partners and 800 professional staff covering the following areas of expertise:
- Risk analytics and Prudential reporting;
- Conduct, culture and the customer;
- Operational resilience;
- Redress and remediation.
With our increased focus and investment towards this unconstrained opportunity, we are recruiting a number of positions across multiple industry sectors, including Banking and Capital Markets, Life Insurance, General Insurance and Mortgage Broking, and Asset Management.
We help our clients understand and implement the changes required by conduct-related regulation, making sure they have the means to deliver fair outcomes for their customers. Working across the regulatory lifecycle from product design through to sale and beyond, as well as performing risk assessments and reviewing existing policies, we help deliver tailored solutions to enable our clients to meet and exceed regulatory requirements.
Our team also has extensive experience in culture reviews and improvement programmes and reward and remuneration. We have the skills and expertise to offer a comprehensive offering on everything relating to conduct, culture and the customer.
- Being a member of a team on large and small engagements - working as part of a project team on client sites and day-to-day liaison with clients
- Relationship building and networking with clients and internally across PwC
- Preparing regulatory analysis and reports;
- Understanding and responding to proposed regulations and industry developments, acting as the 'subject matter expert' to a number of projects relating to regulatory and compliance services for the client
- Identifying and documenting key systems and controls for demonstrating compliance with applicable regulations
- Technical research, supporting the responses to consultation papers from relevant regulatory bodies
- Providing input to the debate on development and application of policy, participating in PwC’s Thought Leadership
- Compliance experience in wholesale or retail financial services sector within Advisory, Monitoring, Transaction monitoring or Policy & Procedures; or, experience working with the FCA or equivalent overseas regulator.
- Experience with Mifid II would be highly regarded ie. gap analysis.
- Payment Services regulatory experience would be highly regarded (PSD2)
- An understanding of the industry and regulatory environment in the UK (or equivalent overseas market)
- A working understanding of FCA principles and rules
- Willingness to expand technical knowledge in a broad range of client facing projects
- Ability to play an active role in the delivery of a projects relating to compliance and governance arrangements.
- Educated to degree level coupled with further accountancy or other professional qualifications (ACA, CIMA, CCA or equivalent) would be preferred
- Strong client handling and relationship management skills are essential as well as experience in project management.
- Strong analytical skills with experience problem solving and being able to implement and deliver solutions tailored to a client’s needs
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’.
The PwC Professional focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships. We use this framework to recruit, develop and assess our people, at all grades and all areas of our business, because we expect all of our people to be leaders.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business. www.pwc.com/uk/diversity
As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.